Attached to this article are the guideline and instructions for installing SMC Global Protect VPN Client and requirements for using SMC VPN Access:
The following security requirements are in place to protect your remote access device as well as SMC’s network from any security related issues.
In order to establish a connection with SMC’s network via VPN, the following guidelines apply :
An approved SMC IT Security Request for VPN access
- All SMC Security policies are still in effect when accessing SMC’s network remotely
- For SMC Employees, only your SMC issued equipment is eligible for connectivity
- Antivirus protection must be installed and enabled
- Virus definitions must be up to date (No more than 30 day’s out of date)
- Scans must be regularly completed (No more than 7 days since last scan)
- SMC-owned equipment must also have the SMC supplied Patch management and Anti-Spyware software installed and up to date
Please see the attached PDF for full installation instructions.