Sign onto US AS400 the First Time
(or if a temporary password was emailed)
- Find the temporary password in the email from sender "hdo".
- On the SMCHQ AS/400 screen, on the “User” line, type your user name. Then use the TAB key to exit the line.
- On the "Password" line, type the temporary password. Then press ENTER.
- Press ENTER on the "Password has expired" screen.
- On the “Current password” line, type the temporary password. (Do not paste.) Then use the TAB key to exit the line.
- On the “New password” line, type what you want your new password to be. (Note: The new password must use only letters and numbers, no special characters. The first character cannot be a number or the letter Q.)
- Tab to the “verify” line. Again type the new password you are creating.
- Press ENTER
- Press ENTER to continue